Creating Tomcat Accounts
- Add the user name to /etc/password (do this first).
- Edit the file horayot:/usr/local/tomcat/conf/user.list by adding usernames of the accounts you want to create.
- Run the command /usr/local/bin/tomcataccount >temp
- The passwords can be found at /usr/local/tomcat/conf/created.user.list
- Cut and paste the host entries from the temp file into the file /usr/local/tomcat/conf/server.xml
- Hand out the passwords to the students.
- Restart tomcat - /etc/init.d/tomcat restart
© Nachum Danzig 2005